Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Old Man


The Old Man

(Phil Coulter)

The tears have all been shed now

We've said our last good-byes

His soul's been blessedHe's laid to rest

And it's now I feel alone

He was more than just a father

A teacher, my best friend

He can still be heard In the tunes we

shared When we play them on our own

I never will forget him

For he made me what I am

Though he may be gone Memories linger on

And I miss him, the old man

As a boy, he'd take me walking By mountain

field and stream And he showed me

things Not known to kings And secret

between him and me Like the colors

of the pheasant As he rises in

the dawn And how to fish and make

a wish Beside the holly tree

I never will forget him For he made me

what I am Though he may be gone

Memories linger on And

I miss him, the old man

I thought he'd live forever He seemed

so big and strong But the minutes fly

And the years roll by For a father

and a son And suddenly,

when it happened There was so much

left unsaid No second chance To

tell him thanks For everything he's done

I never will forget him For he made me

what I am Though he may be gone

Memories linger on

And I miss him, the old man.

(Please Take the time today

and tell your dad what he means

to you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home