Monday, June 05, 2006

NZ Post decides not to issue Maori Performing Arts stamps

After careful consideration
New Zealand Post has
decided not to release
the Maori Performing Arts
stamp issue.

that was to be released
on June 7,2006
This decision follows consultation
with a range of Maori arts
and culture communities
over the past week.

Some concerns about the
design style of the stamp
were raised with
New Zealand Post
when they first promoted
the stamp issue.
Consequently,
They sought additional advice
and They concluded that
the stamps would cause
offence to some people.

At New Zealand Post our
intention is that
New Zealand Post postage
stamps carry images that
celebrate aspects of
New Zealand life and culture
and can be proudly sent
round the world.

they will create a stamp issue
that celebrates kapa haka
in the future and will provide
information about this
issue closer to the time.

As the stamps have not been
released the stock is accounted
for and will be destroyed
according to
New Zealand Post's
processes.

"I do regret any disappointment or
inconvenience that this may cause you".
Your sincerely
Ivor Masters General Manager
Stamps and Collectables.

This is all the details I know about this for
now but I can say this it will be a shame
not to see these stamps because I
happen to think the are nice.

All so you guy's I am still looking
for any info or photos of Father's
Day stamps thanks not going to
good for me one things for sure
you can find Mothers I just want
to know Where DADDY is???
so if you know any thing about a
stamp that has been issued in the
past or a stamp to be released
about Fathers be sure
to let me know
Budrow@Highland.Net

All so I want to that a Monte to
let you all know about one lucky
Guy his name is EZ and let me
tell you this much for the past
week he has been on fire
with the Postal Trivia.

So to night may be something
a bit hard we will have to wait
and see all of you answers
For a FDC e-mail
the answer to me,
Budrow@Highland.Net

The first post office
in Sharjah opened ????
Tell me the Date and you
have got the Cover.
I will Put all the names that
get the answer right
in a hat.
And for some lucky five that
get it right I will draw out
five names so there will
be five winners for this
round of.

PHILATELIC CRAZY TRIVIA

So get your answer In early

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home