Sunday, June 11, 2006

Five Year Old Letter and a FDC

Good evening all I hope
you had a good day and
found some time for stamps.

We found when I say we I
meaning my sister witch who
is by the way my best friend
in life even tho we have another
brother & sister we are the
youngest of four and very
close have to be been you
work and live together.

Tracy and my brother in law
was cleaning up the Z71 today
getting it ready for a bit of summer
driving being a class it don't get
drive a hole lot and the last time
it was drove so much was when
Daddy was going to Oakridge and
Knoxville for his cancer treatment
so he could lay down oh the way
home after the treatments.

So while going back and forth to the
Doctors we must have stopped and
got the mail from the post office
Box and got the mail and it being
only one piece just had forget got
about it because at the time I had
a lot of other more things to think
about then mail I was loosing
someone very close to me.

So today that letter finely got opened
After all most five year Tracy was
the one that found it in the truck
and as soon as she see the
package she knew right away what
was in side as I did to.

It was the above FDC witch at first
I was over joy'ed I though on great
a new FDC till I look at the Date stamp
on the cover June 25, 1999.
it was issued on Friday after
Fathers Day.

to me what I remember the most
about 1999 was that I was going
to lose my father and for us
Father Day was a big deal for us
so today when I seen it I was happy
and all so cried at the same time
because June was when we would
do something special for him.

not that we did not do other special
thing for him during the year but
fathers day was the one time a year
that he knew he could ask us for
any thing and me and my sister
would have moved a mountain for
him or he was sure getting that
High Dollar toy or tool that he
wanted a lot of feels from one
cover who knew.

So I want to ask for help from you
and have tried to do a bit harder
trivia for tonight.

If you know of any stamps
about Father Day
(Not Founding Father's)
stamp that honor one Father
on his special day
I need photos or just any info
that you can send to me
Budrow@Highland.Net
about this I need it to do another
special post about fathers day
like I did on Mothers day.

Now for a bit of Fun and the lucky
winner will get them self a FDC.

For the right answers to the questions.
I have been seeing a lot of new issues
for the World Cup witch I hope to
keep some of so I hope you are up
on you World Cup History.


1. The First World Cup was in what year ????.
2. Where Was The First World Cup Held?
3. How Many Nations was at the First World Cup?

Be sure to send you answers to me at
Budrow@Highland.Net

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home