Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Money, Money And Stamps & More Money

Stamp Collecting make's me
think about this movie I
seen with Tom Hanks where
he buys a real nice looking
house and movies in only to
find out that the nice looking
House is nothing but a
MONEY BIT.

if you can tell me the name of
the movie you will get a FDC
Budrow@Hihgland.Net

if one really knew just what a
money bit that stamp collecting
can be I am sure a lot of people
would not even brother to collect
any thing at all.

around $20.00 for a local stamp club
news letter & membership for a year.

then you have another $20 for the news
letter & membership for the A.P.S.
for a year.

then another $20 for news letter &
membership for the F.D.C.S.
for a year.

then you have around $30 bucks for
the Scott stamp Monthly for a year.

and how can one for get about linns
Stamp News that is around $50 a year.

All so we can't forget the catalogs
that one does need to help them
out with there stamps some like
Scott some like Michael's
and just the Scott US catalog is
close to $60 and the whole set
is something like $280.00

and let me tell you right now I am
learning that one does need some
type of World Wide Catalog sooner
or later just so you your self can get
a ideal of the value of a stamp.

Now you have spend out all that money
just so you can be informed and find
out about stamps well now you want
to take you collect to the next step
and put it in a album and they got you
here as well the price of a starter album
can be as low as $50 in to Hundred's of
Dollars just to get you started with a
nice album and you would think with
one paying so much for it, you would
not have to buy any things else for it
well guess what you have to buy yearly
updates for it and that is all so a nice
hunk of change.

So let me say I look up to the people
that have stamp Blogs and that share
things with us all reading those blog
and best of all they don't coast you
a thing but the time to read it and
the first blog I read is Michael's
cddStamps Weblog
http://blog.michael.dodd.com/

Then the next one I stop my to read
is Don's http://tinyurl.com/rws85
The Stamp Collecting Round-Up.

Let me say that these guy's but a lot
of time, heart and soul in to there
Blogs and it shows because it keeps
people like me coming back for more.

I try to put as much heart in my but I
just not there yet but I working on it.
I think some times I can get a little bit
to personal with my and I know that
people want to read about stamps
not my up and downs of day to day
life here is something that has me
down I don't understand just why
the US Post Office deiced to
reissue two stamps this year
that has all ready been issued.

I think it is just a way for them to get
more money from collectors

and the only thing that changed
about the stamps was the
postage rate printed on the
stamps it does look like they
could have done something
a little different but they did not.
same stamp just the new rate on
them, you know I bet that the US
Post Office Issues more stamps
in a year then any other country.

who would of ever thought
that stamp collect could be a big
money bit if one let's it be.

Do you have a stamp Blog?

Do you Know of a good one that
you like to drop by when you got
the time and read it?

How about a site to find News about
stamps?

You can find Links to the left of the
top page of places I like to visit
on the web when I got the time.

Send me your links and the best one
will earn a places in my links section.
Budrow@Highland.Net

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home