Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Gibraltar Stamp & A NEW RELEASE


Europa 2006 “Integration of Immigrants
as seen by young people”

the new Europa 2006 stamps
“Integration of Immigrants
as seen by Young people”
will be released on
the 30th June 2006

Once again the Gibraltar Philatelic
Bureau has adhered to the motto
“innovation, not imitation” and
therefore commissioned a US artist
for this special set.

The illustrations were produced in clay,
then painted and finally photographed
to go onto the stamps.
The idea was to show children from
different races and religions playing
and enjoying each other’s company.

The stamps are in fact an allegory
of the racial and religious harmony
enjoyed in Gibraltar.

The 30,000 people who live and work
in Gibraltar encompass all the
world’s major races and religions.

It is no coincidence the illustrations
we made out of clay.

Clay is an earthy material employed
by ancient civilisations and certainly
by every culture we want to focus
upon in this issue, thus we felt
it was the perfect way to bring
originality and innovation as far
as stamp design goes,
plus a way to find this very subtle
common link between cultures.

I have not seen to many stamps
from Gibraltar so when ever I
find one I hold on to it for some
reason there stamps kind of
reminded me of GB stamps
I bet I will make some one upset
that I have said that.

Put it I get a world wide mix of stamps
I pour them out on to the desk and
start picking out the ones I want to
keep and add to my collect.

And I all ways hope to find some GB
then the next country that I collect
witch is Gibraltar because is show's
in there stamps that they do care
about what they isssue I feel like
that Gibraltar but a lot of though in to
the stamps that they do Issue a stamps
that means something,

Gibraltar takes pride in the stamps
that they do issue may be that is why
they don't release more then they
do in a year because they do care
about what they do issue and it does
show in the stamps.

if you have any dubble of any Gibraltar
stamps and would lilke to trade for
for some FDC from the US I sure
woudl like to hear from you.
Budrow@Highland.Net

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home