Monday, February 13, 2006

Old FDC With Cachets


Well I am showing more of those FDC

With out a Zip Code!

The Above Cover is

The First Transcontinental Railroad

#922 Issued May 10, 1944

These do have cachet on them so it has got

Me to Wondering When the Frist cachets

Were used?

I sure that if I would have joined

THE AMERICAN
FIRST DAY COVER SOCIETY

By now I might know more about them then what I do.

Just because I don't know much about them does

Not stop me from wanting them for my collect.

Look at that cover how could you not want to add

Something like that to your collect.

The above cover is #923

Issued May 22, 1944

3¢ Steamship "Savannah" First To cross

The Atlantic Ocean.

#925 Issued september 27, 1944

3¢ Philippines

Like I said in my early post I not to crazy

About the cover being address

But the deal was just to good to pass up.

I still looking for the Trivia answer to

1 *"ZIP" is an acronym for ? ? ?

2 (ZIP) Codes were invented in What Year ????

3a Who was the inventor of Zip Codes ? ? ?

3b He was all so know as The Father of ZIP Codes.

3c Also known as “Mr. ZIP Code.”

4 Zip Codes come into use by the

PostOffice in what year ? ? ? ?

5 Mr. Zip Code their little ambassador was

Retired by the post office In what year ? ? ? ?

I have got some FDC for the first Five

People that can give me the answer's.

Budrow@Highland.Net

All so guy's if you know of a good

Web site where one can learn more

About FDC I would love to know

about it, or do you have a site that

you viste a lot if so please share it

with me Please.

Have A Stamping day all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home