Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bad Trade.Or What



God day all I hope you are not snowed in.
We are getting it here in KY and have been
All day and yes I am glad to see the snow.

One thing I enjoy is trading stamps with other
Collectors to get other country's stamps to add
to my stamp collect, I meet this one person in
One of the yahoo group and me and him did
some trades that I was pleased with, but was
only trading 50 to 100 at a time.

Well he talked me in to doing a real big trade
1,000 US stamps and some FDC so I sent them
to him first because we had trading in the past
and I though I had come to trust me and that he
would send them to me, well finely after two
months of waiting on them they come and was
all ready to spend the day enjoy going through
the stamps.

If you could have only seen my face when I
Opened the package up to find out what he had
sent me My heart just Drop I did not get 1,000
nice used World wide stamps In stead I got
1,000 pieces of TRASH and no FDC at all,
The photo above is one of the
trash stamps that I got.

Now wait I know you are asking why is that trash?
because you can not even see what country the stamp
Is from with the necked eye so I got out the looking
Glass (A 4 X Magnifier) and even with it I still could not
see the stamp or make out the country either.

So I put the stamp in the scanner and started
scanning it 150 dpi 300 dpi 600 dpi till I
finely end up scanning it at 2400 dpi
Be for I could see the stamp because the stamp
was in so bad of shape talk about being faded.

So I wanted to talk to him about the stamps
he sent me so after all most a month of him not
replying to my messages. I tried to reach him through
the group that is when they groups Owner and other
members let me know that he has done.
This in the past to other group members.

So that is when I asked the group Owner
and Moderators Why do you let such a person be
A member of the group If you know that they have
burned other members of the group In the past,
and that is when I learned that the group Owner
did not care about the members of the group
He was only after one thing and that is the number
of members that his group has.

well it is not the number of members that a group
has that makes it a good group, It is the Small number
of member that post to the group from the collecters
that are working hard to make it a Good group
and not filling up the group message board with
Off topic messages, I not looking for love or
how to last all night.
I want messages that have to do with stamps.

Well that is my 2¢.

Have a Happy (Stamping) snow day.

Buddy.
Budrow@Highland.Net.
Don't forget the only reason
you and I can see the stamp
is becaused it is so big of
a photo files just rezide
for the web.

1 Comments:

Blogger cddstamps said...

Buddy.. sorry to say this but I wont trade or send stamps to Romania.. and my advice is NEVER send more than 100 stamps unless you REALY know the person..

Sorry you had this experience.... It saddens me to hear this.. Will write about this on my blog as well I think. You have a good story to tell to help other avoid it happening to them

Best wishes...Michael

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home