Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter Games & Winter Stamps.


Winter Games and Winter Stamps.

The above stamp was issued by the US

To mark the 2006 Winter Olympic.

I happen to think it is a nice looking stamp

my self but there are some That don't like the

black rings, This is not the first time that the US

Has used black to color the Olympic Rings

on past issued stamps.


#C104A

23rd Summer Olympics Los Angeles, Ca

Issued June 17, 1983

There has even been White used to color the rings.

#2553 - #2557

1991 Summer Olympics

Issued July 12, 1991

They even used Blue Stars as the

Olympic Rings .

Once that I know of.

#C97

High Jump 22nd Olympics Moscow.

Issued November 1st, 1979

Does your country have or host winter games?

May be even issue a stamp or stamps for

The Winter Olympic or games?

This 50¢ stamp has been released to commemorate

The Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games

and features the official logo of the 2006 Games.

The stamp is a Australia Issue on January 12, 2006

To learn more about

The Melbourne Commonwealth Games

CLICK HERE.

I like the look's of the stamp very nice looking

Stamp and in learning about the stamp

I run in to a couple of new works that

I did not know in our Philatelic World.

Gutter strip??

Well if you all ready know

you are doing better then I was

Till Michael tells what a

Gutter strip or Gutter Pair

Is on his blog see his post Gutter Pairs

At cddstamps weblog

He does a great job and telling

what they are and

Even shows some real nice

Gutter Pairs

Now for some Philatelic Trivia Fun.

The other night I talked about

Stamp Collecting Software

Can You Tell Me What Was The First US Stamp

Designed Entirely On A Computer?

To The 3rd Person that e-mails
me.

Budrow@Highland.Net

That Can Tell what Stamp it is I have got

Some Cover For you.

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home