Friday, March 03, 2006

And Now I know!



Well know we know or at lest I do.

I got my Hattie McDaniel cover

Back this week and was real up set

to see the 4 Bars cancel in stead

of the Pictorial Cancel like on the

Cover Blow


I just don't feel like this is far

to collector's I am sure if

One was to take the time and
ask the collector

they would feel the same way I do.

That we want the Pictorial Cancel.



I just hope the USPS only does

us this way for this one stamp.

I want the Pictorial Cancel.

Just like Dealers are getting.


Well it's finely Friday and that

means the weekend


PLAY TIME.


So let's start the weekend off

with some fun trivia.

#573 $5 Head of Freedom Capitol Dome

Issued March 20th 1923

This Five Dollar stamp is considered

by many collectors

to be the most beautiful stamp ever issued by

the United States. It depicts

the statue of "America"

that tops the Capitol building in

Washington, DC.



The use of the blue and carmine colors

is especially striking.

The beauty comes through,

even with this used example.

No inverted stamps are known,

Even though the famous Inverted Jenny

Was printed just 5 years before

this stamp was introduced.

If you are the first person that e-mail me

Budrow@Highland.Net

with the answer will get a FDC.

How was #573 printed?


Happy Stamping.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home