Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why Only to Registered Dealers


I would like to ask why do

Registered Dealers get the

Pictorial Cancel.

And we the collector don't

this does not seem Far at all.

I have read a lot about this in the last

few day's and I am just wonder if

Registered Dealers will be the only one's

to get a pictorial cancel on there FDC.


I wonder about all this because of a article

That appeared in the January 23rd

issue of Linn's on page ten.


"A four-bar first-day-of issue machine

postmark will be applied to all

mail-in requests for first-day covers

starting with the first United States

commemorative stamp issue in 2006."


As you can tell from the top photo that I

got the standard 4 bar cancel FDOI.


I did get the pictorial cancel for the

Favorite Children's Book Illustrations

But I am just wonder if this will be the

only pictorial cancel that I will get for

cover's I send in to have them canceled

This year.

Will they be standard 4 bar cancel FDOI?

I guess that USPS think you are a Dealer

if you submit 50 or more cover to be

Canceled I do 10 to 20 covers for each

Issue if there is just one stamp in the issue

then ten of the covers are with a cachet

and 5 to ten are just blank envelopes.

Yes I still do cover with just plain white

envelopes I guess that is because that is

what I started collecting when I started FDC.

And in fix up my own cover using blank cachet

For the Favorite Children's Book Illustrations

I Used 80 cachet And 16 blank envelopes

so that was a total of 96 cover that I wanted

to get canceled and one collector can send

in 50 cover with out having to pay to get the

cancel and I was doing 96 cover so they went

off some in my name some in my

sister and mother's name.


I am by no means a stamp Dealer I am just a

collector I have never sold one cover I trade

cover's with other around the world And in the

short time I have been collecting them I have

learned that people would mush more like the

cover's with a cachet on them then just

a blank envelopes.


If a Blank Cover is all that you wanted then

those are easy got from USPS.

And if you want it to have a cachet you don't

have to many choice's that I know of to get

with out having to put out a lot of cash

for the cover.


One can find and get blank cachet for as low

as 79¢ each plus the price of the stamp or

stamps and you can get a FDC for around

$1.96¢ with a cachet, a blank envelope with

just the stamp and the post mark is

77¢ from USPS with a 39¢ stamp.


So I guess in May all stamp collector that

Submit Cover to have canceled for

The Wonders of America set.

We will be come stamp Dealer's

there is 40 stamps in the set just the 10

away from the 50 be for the USPS say you

Are a Dealer so I guess that even if I was to

only do two set that will be 80 cover and

from they way I understand it over 50 cover

and they want you to pay something like 5¢

a cover over the 50.

So when it comes to this set I just Wonder

how I will get a couple of set with out having

to pay 5¢ over the 50 and there is supposed to

be a Pictorial Cancel for this set.

So I am as a collector going to have to

Register my self as a Dealers just to get

The Pictorial Cancel and enough cover to

get my self a set and a couple of set's

To trade with other.

All of this makes me Wonder about our

America Post Service.

Are they doing the every day collector

Right!

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home