Friday, February 24, 2006

C3 Blank Cachets



C3 Cachets is one cachet maker that I found

in my search to find out where to get

Blank Cachets.

The above photo is the cachets that

JOHN CROPPER

did for the Lunar New Year stamps

I really like these cachets he did one

for each of the 12 animals in the

Chinese New Year.

So I guess I will use the four sets of stamps

that was finely shipped out today on these cover.

This is the cachet he did for the

Hattie McDaniel issue

another nice cover I think.

and best of all John puts the back of the

cover to good use with Information about

the stamp subject

REVERSE SIDE OF THIS COVER:

Born in Wichita, Kansas to Baptist preacher

Henry McDaniel (who was born into slavery as a

field hand on a Virginia plantation) and Susan
Holbert,

a singer of religious music. McDaniel made her

first appearance in motion pictures in 1932.

She spent much of her twenty-year

career playing maids,

mainly owing to the paucity of roles available to

African American actresses.

She has been quoted as saying,

"Why should I complain about making

$7,000 a week playing a maid?

If I didn't, I'd be making $7 a week being one.

" It was one such role, that of Mammy

in Gone with the Wind (1939)

Opposite Vivien Leigh and

Clark Gable

that she won the Academy Award

for Best Supporting Actress on

February 29, 1940

making her the first

African American performer

to win an Oscar.

To see more of C3 Cachets you can

vista the web site here.

http://c3cachets.com/


Tell him that Buddy sent you.


All so note the this cover does have the
Pictorial Cancel but John is a dealer to.

The Cover come from Him I did not

get a blank to send it in to get the

FDOI mark witch could be the

4 Bars I will find out when ever

I get my other cover back what

type of post mark they will have

I showed the other covers I sent

in on another post early

Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home