Tuesday, May 09, 2006

100 years of organised philately


Boy how I miss posting
But to tell you the truth
I have not been able to do
much of any thing lately
with my back being mess up
and then those drugs that they
have got me on for the pain.

I take it three times a day
and let me say that when you
take a dose of it.
It's not to long be for I am
no good for any thing but
the bed and lot's of
bed rest is just what the
Doctor ordered if I am to
Keep from having
Back Sugary :-(

ok enough about my no
luck right now.

I did have some good
PHILATELIC luck the other
day I got some 1988 stamp
pack at a great price and would
you be leave I did not buy the
at auction I got them right from
the dealer at a steal.

The above stamps is from one
of the packs.

The two stamps mark 100 years
of organised philately in
New Zealand and the centenary
of the Royal Philatelic Society
of New Zealand.

With 450 members the society
is affiliated to the country's
national philatelic body,
the New Zealand Philatelic Federation.
Allan Mitchell designed the
40 cent stamps and
Maurice Conly and Marcel Stanley
the miniature sheet.

Marcel Stanley's participation
was fitting because he is
the current president of
the Royal Philatelic Society
of New Zealand
and a world authority on
New Zealand's
"full face queens"
also known as
"Chalon Heads".

I don't know much about
Chalon Heads but I can tell you
when you can find out.

Michael takes about these
and other GB Head stamp.
http://blog.michael.dodd.com/
on his Blog and I know if you
have any question about
them he will be glad
to help you out.

Happy stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home