Monday, July 17, 2006

Australian Rock Posters Stamaps


This stamp issue looks at Australian

graphic design and its connection

with Australianpopular music.

The issue uses rock music posters from
the 1960s through to 2003

Rock posters as an art form really
evolved during the 1960s.

Don't know about you but
I am a child of the 60s
care for now I just might
let is slip that I just a old Fart
That love's his stamps.

The earliest poster featured
on these stamps,
Masters Apprentices from 1969,
is in the "psychedelic"

style popular at the time.

Iconic posters featuring in the issue
include Sunbury RockFestival (1972);
Rolling Stones Australian Tour (1973);
Midnight Oil and the Angels

/Sports/Paul Kelly (1979);
Goanna's Spirit of Place (1983);
Mental as Anything (1990);

Apollo Bay Music Festival (1999)
and Magic Dirt (2002)

May be when these stamps are issued
on the 12th of September 2006 one of
my good friends from down under will send
me the S/S HIT HIT :-) of crose I would
return New stamps from the US may be
one of the three S/S that has been issued
by the US Post Office this year.

Till Next Time
Happy Stamping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home